Tour the Lake
Explore the Rideau Lakes!
Our rental packages are designed to fully outfit you for an enjoyable day or weekend on the water. Everything from all required safety equipment, detailed maps, recommended routes & lakes to visit, emergency contact information, and a selection of high end touring boats for all levels are included and waiting for you at your desired launch site.
Rental packages are flexible to meet your schedule ranging from three-hour to week-long excursions. Whether you are in the area for a day or a week, seeing the Rideau Lakes from one of our classic or modern boats is a must! The boats will be launched from our location or you can transport them to wherever you plan on paddling.
Included in self-guided packages:
- Touring, Solo Packboat, Vermont Dory or Adirondack Guide Boat
- Personal flotation device (Coast Guard approved)
- Boat Safety Kit (all Coast Guard regulations)
- Local Lake charts and emergency contact Information
- Lock permits if required
- Half-day rentals are for 3 hours upon arrival*
- Full-day rentals are an entire day from 9 am to 4:30 pm
- 2-day / overnight rentals are from day 1 at 9 am to day 2 by 4:30 pm
- 3-day / 2-night rentals are from day 1 at 9 am to day 3 by 4:30 pm
- Additional nights based on availability
- Walk-ins are welcome, however reservations are recommended
*Please note, our minimum rental is 3 hours and our boats must be returned by 4:30 pm. Therefore, the last rental will go out at 1:30 pm. Please plan accordingly to make the most of your experience on the water.
Paddling throughout the Rideau Lakes requires some experience, and comes with some risks. If you are an experienced paddler, you can still run into unexpected situations. We recommend you have some experience before renting equipment for your own adventure, however, it is possible as a beginner!
How to Prepare
What to bring for a day trip?
A great way to get out on the water and enjoy all the Rideau Lakes has to offer…but how to prepare you ask? Breeze through our helpful list below.
- A change of clothes and bathing suit
- Shoes that can get wet (deck/boat shoes), sandals with secure straps or sneakers
- Bug spray
- Sunglasses with strap
- Camera (waterproof casing and strap)
- Drinking water (minimum 1 litre for a day)
- Touring boats
- All necessary safety equipment
- Drybag (to store extra clothing)
Do not Bring
- Flip-flop sandals or any footwear that will not stay secure on your feet when wet
- Street shoes or boots are not permitted within any vessel
- Alcoholic beverages
Helpful hints for packing
- Recommend bringing a dry bag for any personal belongings while out on the lake.
- Always pack items so that they are protected from the elements.
- Phone protection with floatation device is highly recommended